MySQL is the world's most popular open source database. It powers the most-trafficked websites in the world such as Facebook, Twitter and Youtube. It's also one of the easiest databases to use and it's perfect for beginners. In this session, you'll learn:
- Which tools are essential for getting started.
- Basic steps to install and configure MySQL in Oracle Cloud.
- How to load a sample database and execute basic queries.
- To migrate data to the cloud using MySQL Shell.
Finally, we’ll demonstrate how you can improve query performance with MySQL HeatWave.
MySQL Heatwave Database Service significantly increases query speed. Publicly available and reproduceable benchmarks show that it is 5400x faster than Amazon RDS, 1400x faster than Amazon Aurora, 10x faster than Google Big Query, 7x faster than Snowflake, and 6.5x faster than Amazon Redshift.
This webinar will cover market trends, benefits of using MySQL HeatWave over MySQL on-premises, as well as customer use cases and success stories.
It will also highlight how to gain a key competitive advantage by using the same MySQL HeatWave for both OLTP and OLAP with no need for ETL, hence drastically simplifying your database architecture and increasing your data security.
A total cost of ownership analysis will show the significant cost savings when choosing MySQL HeatWave versus other cloud vendors.
Join us and bring your questions.
Join this webinar featuring the recently released MySQL Operator for Kubernetes and learn how to build cloud native applications running on MySQL.
What you will learn:
- MySQL and cloud native technologies for micro-service applications
- High availability architectures with Kubernetes
- Scalability with Kubernetes
Take this opportunity to ask your questions directly to the MySQL team!