MySQL Autopilot: Machine Learning–powered automation
MySQL Autopilot automates many of the most important and often challenging aspects of achieving high query performance at scale—including provisioning, data loading, query execution, and failure handling. It uses advanced techniques to automate HeatWave, further improving performance and scalability and making it easier to use—saving developers and DBAs significant time. MySQL Autopilot is available at no additional charge for MySQL HeatWave customers.
MySQL Autopilot provides numerous capabilities for HeatWave and OLTP.
- Auto provisioning predicts the number of HeatWave nodes required for running a workload by adaptive sampling of table data on which analytics is required. This means developers and DBAs no longer need to manually estimate the optimal size of their cluster. No other database service provides this capability.
- Auto thread pooling lets the database service process more transactions for a given hardware configuration, delivering higher throughput for OLTP workloads and preventing it from dropping at high levels of transactions and concurrency.
- Auto shape prediction continuously monitors the OLTP workload, including throughput and buffer pool hit rate, to recommend the right compute shape at any given time—allowing customers to always get the best price performance.
- Auto encoding determines the optimal representation of columns being loaded into HeatWave, taking the queries into consideration. This optimal representation provides the best query performance and minimizes the size of the cluster to minimize costs.
- Auto query plan improvement learns various statistics from the execution of queries and improves the execution plan of future queries. This improves the performance of the system as more queries are run. No other database service provides this capability.
- Auto data placement predicts the column on which tables should be partitioned in memory to achieve the best performance for queries. It also predicts the expected gain in query performance with the new column recommendation. This minimizes data movement across nodes due to suboptimal choices that can be made by operators when manually selecting the column. No other database service provides this capability.