Logo Usage Guidelines
For information about proper use of Oracle logos, logotypes, signatures, and design marks, please review the Third Party Usage Guidelines for Oracle Trademarks, Third Party Usage Guidelines for Oracle Logos. However certain MySQL logos may be used without specific written permission from Oracle under the following conditions.
Use of MySQL Conditional Use Logos
Oracle has a family of MySQL Conditional Use Logos for those who wish to show their support for MySQL products and services by displaying such a logo in the user interface of a website. The MySQL Conditional Use Logos may be used without specific written permission from Oracle under these terms of the Third Party Usage Guidelines for Oracle Trademarks, Third Party Usage Guidelines for Oracle Logos, and the following conditions:
- The use must not be detrimental, i.e., harmful or damaging, to the value of any of the MySQL Marks, or to Oracle, its brand integrity, reputation or goodwill, as determined by Oracle in its sole discretion;
- The MySQL Conditional Use Logo must be a "clickable" link that leads directly to https://www.mysql.com/;
- If the website has password-protected areas, the MySQL Conditional Use Logo must be placed only in areas that are not password-protected;
- If used in an application released under the GPL license, the application must be able to connect directly to a MySQL server;
- The limited license given herein does not include the right to use any MySQL Conditional Use Logo or any other Oracle Logo as a trademark to promote your own products or services. For example, no Oracle or MySQL Conditional Use Logo may be used on any product packaging or documentation, such as (without limitation) on CD-ROM or diskette labels or packaging, books or other publications. Any such use must be expressly authorized by Oracle in a signed, written agreement;
- The use of any MySQL Conditional Use Logo under these terms must also comply with applicable provisions of the Third Party Usage Guidelines for Oracle Trademarks and Third Party Usage Guidelines for Oracle Logos.
The MySQL Conditional Use Logos
If you have any questions or special needs that are not covered by the above, please contact us to request special permission to use an Oracle mark.
Oracle reserves the right to revoke this authorization at any time in its sole discretion. For example, if Oracle believes that your use of any MySQL Conditional Use Logo is detrimental to any of the Oracle trademarks or MySQL Conditional Use Logos or is otherwise unacceptable, Oracle will revoke this authorization. Upon revocation of this authorization by Oracle, you shall immediately cease using any and all MySQL Conditional Use Logo. If you do not immediately cease using all MySQL Conditional Use Logos upon revocation by Oracle, Oracle may take whatever action it deems necessary to protect its rights and interests. Although as a general rule you must never modify the design, add or delete any words, or change any colors when using a MySQL Conditional Use Logo, you may adjust the overall size of the logo, so long as adjustments are made proportionally.
USE OF ANY MYSQL CONDITIONAL USE LOGO IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE USES PERMITTED UNDER THESE TERMS ARE PROVIDED BY ORACLE "AS IS," WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) ANY WARRANTY OF NON-INFRINGEMENT. YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND DEFEND ORACLE AND HOLD ORACLE, ITS SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS, HARMLESS OF AND FROM, ANY CLAIM, ACTION, SUIT, LOSS, COST, EXPENSE OR OTHER DAMAGES OR LIABILITY WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, REASONABLE ATTORNEYS' FEES AND COSTS OF INVESTIGATION) ARISING OUT OF OR RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF ANY MYSQL CONDITIONAL USE LOGO IN VIOLATION OF THIS TRADEMARK POLICY. You agree that you will not acquire rights in any Oracle trademark through your use of any MySQL Conditional Use Logo. By using any MySQL Conditional Use Logo, you agree to the terms contained in these terms, the Oracle Third Party Usage Guidelines for Oracle Trademarks, and the Oracle Third Party Usage Guidelines for Oracle Logos.
Other MySQL Logos
Oracle also has specific MySQL logos for use by partners and affiliates, and persons who meet the requirements for certification according to the MySQL certification program. These logos may only be obtained directly from Oracle and used by parties having a written and signed agreement with Oracle allowing them to do so and under the conditions in that agreement.