Hands on Lab: Turbocharge Business Insights with Oracle MySQL HeatWave — In-Memory Query Accelerator with Built-in Machine Learning Capabilities
Oracle MySQL HeatWave is the only MySQL cloud service with a built-in, high performance, in-memory query accelerator—HeatWave. It increases MySQL performance by orders of magnitude for analytics and mixed workloads, without any changes to current applications. With HeatWave enabled, MySQL HeatWave is 6.5X faster than Amazon Redshift at half the cost, 7X faster than Snowflake at one-fifth the cost, and 1,400X faster than Amazon Aurora at half the cost. Customers run analytics on data that’s stored in MySQL databases without a separate analytics database and ETL duplication.
With MySQL HeatWave ML, developers and data analysts can build, train, deploy, and explain machine learning models in MySQL HeatWave, without moving data to a separate machine learning service. Benchmarks demonstrate that, on average, HeatWave ML produces more accurate results than Amazon Redshift ML, trains models 25X faster at 1% of the cost, and scales as more nodes are added.
In this hands-on workshop, we will walk you through,
- Discovering MySQL HeatWave Analytics and Machine Learning
- Creating a MySQL HeatWave Cluster and its required environment
- Connecting to HeatWave using MySQL Shell, MySQL Workbench, and MS Visual Studio Code
- Running queries on HeatWave
- OLTP application and OLAP application for HeatWave
- Perside Foster, MySQL Principal Solution Engineer