Top Features that Makes MySQL 8 the Most Innovative Database of the Year
Mittwoch, 05. Juni 2019
Themen: MySQL Enterprise Edition
MySQL 8.0 has several new features of interest to developers using MySQL as their database. The first is the new data dictionary where all the metadata about the database is store in the database instead of scattered around the filesystem.
- There are Common Table Expressions to ease the burden of writing subqueries, windowing functions for analytics, lateral derived tables to make your SQL more powerful.
- There is better JSON support including a new JSON bulk data loader in the new shell.
- The MySQL Document Store that provides a way for developers to use MySQL without having to set up relations, indexes or tables before storing and retrieving data. Plus an improved optimizer, a contention aware scheduler that provides much better performance when you have hot rows or columns in your data, invisible indexes, optimizer hints, and resource groups to let you manage your queries better.
- And that does not cover the improvements in locking, histograms, or the new default UTF8MB$ character set.
- David Stokes, MySQL Community Manager
Nehmen Sie einfach von Ihrer gewohnten Umgebung, zum Beispiel von Ihrem Büro aus, an diesem Web-Seminar teil.