MySQL for Beginners
MySQL is the world's most popular open source database. It powers the most-trafficked websites in the world such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. It's also one of the easiest databases to use and it's perfect for beginners.
In this session, you'll learn about:
- Which tools are essential and where to download them.
- Basic steps to install and configure MySQL Server.
- How to load a sample database and execute basic queries.
- How to avoid common pitfalls.
In addition, we'll briefly discuss the next steps for building and connecting applications to your database. Finally, we’ll demonstrate how you can easily launch MySQL in the cloud to speed up the entire getting-started process.
- Stuart Davey, MySQL Principal Solution Engineer